Heat Pump Manufacturers recommend the units in your home have a full service carried out on an annual basis.
Commercial Air Conditioning systems are recommended to have a full service every three to six months; these units are typically used on a daily basis, however. the frequency depends on the operational environment, and how much dirt and dust may build up in the unit.
We are IQP registered so we can set up a contract to inspect, test and maintain your units and mechanical ventilation for your building warrant of fitness (12A).
For a Domestic unit it is suggested that the filters are cleaned approximately every three months. This can be easily done by the owner, or for those that are unable to for any reason, we do offer to clean the filters for you.
A full service on the indoor unit involves:
- Cleaning and disinfecting the unit to prevent bacteria build up on the coil and throughout the unit
- Cleaning the filters, vanes and outer covers
- Check the condensate drain and flushing with disinfectant
- Check electrical terminals and components
- Check evaporator coils
- Check fan blades for mould
- Running the unit in both heating and cooling mode to check air temperatures
A full service on the outdoor unit includes:
- Check for obstructions in and around the unit, coil, drain and electronics to improve efficiency and performance
- Check flare joints and fittings
- Check electrical terminals for tightness
- Check refrigerant gas levels are satisfactory
- Clean the outside of the casing
A Heat Pump service takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
If your unit is in a particularly bad condition it may require a strip clean, please contact us to discuss if you require this.
Our servicing / maintenance technicians are regularly rotating through Auckland area and will contact our existing customers when their service is due.
We do, however, maintain any heat pump/airconditioning unit, so if you need a service please contact us to book in an appointment time that suits.
We love dealing with Varcoe in Papakura. The team
- Q Card
- Credit Card
- Direct Debit
*Q Card and Credit Card incur a 3% surcharge